Home > Windows 7 > 64 Bit (slow)?

64 Bit (slow)?

Contents

There is no basis to say he needs more RAM at all.The most likely scenario is he has not installed any of the laptop drivers. Jeff Kay, Windows and Linux geekWritten 88w agoNo, it doesn't. Skyrim and everything else you have been using is compatible with x64 and x86 and x86 programs can and do work with x64. It's when you use things like 64-bit databases and 64-bit mail servers (exchange) and 64-bit video encoders and such where the speed benefits are noticeable My System Specs System Manufacturer/Model Number Source

Windows Updates & Activation New CPU - Slower than Old one.Hi. This one that I am talking about now is one that I want to turn into a gaming computer but have run into some difficulties. Then if it is miraculously still running slow, kill off your start up applications and everything you keep running in the background. How to install? http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/16870-63-windows-64bit-super-slow

64 Bit Slower Than 32 Bit

solved I am running XP Pro 32bit, my computer, though older is 64bit capable. Updated "Real Player" which appears to have install Skype, and Answers tool bar. I will take any suggestions that are logical and I encourage everyone to say something. I typically run msconfig go to Start Tab and uncheck most things that are not Microsoft, antivirus, and those needed to run the laptop, Apply and restart the machine.

Running Win 8.1 64Bit. However, I can barely get around on the computer. If so, it may be scanning at every start up. How To Speed Up Windows 7 Now, at the 64-bit upgrade, it runs way slower than before.

This integral is divergent. Windows 7 Slow Startup I just uninstalled all my display drivers.. I agree, but this isn't really an option at the moment as they are 500 miles away, and not something they could do. 2. Get the answer FlamesjowelMar 12, 2011, 8:27 AM Weird...I was wrong about the corsair, they were the ones 1gb and the kingston 2gb.

around 20 hours of debugging / headaches / testing for a 1 min BIOS update.Next time anyone has trouble with slow / buggy win 7 64 bit install or CPU spiking I've made a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and my computer starts up alright but it takes like 2 minutes to load all the programs and before formatting this So I decided to run a few of my own tests to see if indeed 64-bit binaries ran slower than 32-bit binaries, and what the actual performance disparity would ultimately be. This does not require 3D hardware acceleration.

Windows 7 Slow Startup

Either it had 4GB at one point, and a 2GB chip has died.. Start the application Driver Manager and install the proprietary driver. 64 Bit Slower Than 32 Bit It has NOTHING to do with Windows be 64 bit. Windows 7 Running Slow Have we ever seen Data make use of his "multiple techniques" before First Contact?

I want to figure this out! this contact form You sir, are Captain Obvious. Here are some links for further reading on 64-bit computing. im desperate COLGeekMar 12, 2011, 9:37 AM Flamesjowel said: woah.. How To Update Bios

• It will resolve the problem, no gpu drivers will work, dont try, the bios is the thing.
  • All Rights Reserved.
  • Then try and find a workaround.

super speed is back!! It has NOTHING to do with Windows be 64 bit. @unksol: Your right, that's why it requires more RAM and hard disk space to utilize x64 over [email protected]: Do make sure Thanks for the help. http://darrenburnhill.com/windows-7/seven-premium-slow.html I just uninstalled all my display drivers..

All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. They would have to be open source so I could compile them in 32-bit and 64-bit versions, and there would need to be some way to benchmark those applications. This one that I am talking about now is one that I want to turn into a gaming computer but have run into some difficulties.

General Discussion slower and slowerIs it me or is windows 7 getting slower with every set of updates that get put out from Microsoft.

How can K (kaon) and Σ (sigma particle) be created quickly via the strong interaction and decay slowly via the weak interaction? Hide this message.QuoraSign InQuora uses cookies to improve your experience. I have a fairly high end build which is described at the end of this post. Back to top #5 twintone twintone Topic Starter Members 26 posts OFFLINE Local time:08:55 AM Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:15 PM Well, I ran the system restore back to

Software ▼ Security and Virus Office Software PC Gaming See More... Get rid of them. Makes me think there is a HDD issue, but also the system only showing 2GB of RAM has me concerned. http://darrenburnhill.com/windows-7/windows-7-goes-slow.html When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

All is well, so now let's try compiling hello.c as a 64-bit binary. Now everything is fine... I advise, initially the RAM should be checked, even swapped out w/ new. Otherwise, your 64-bit code may well be slower, particular since it takes more memory and this may result in more time spent accessing RAM (more frequent cache misses).1.7k ViewsRelated QuestionsMore Answers

It is even affecting my internet. That's probably what's happening. All trademarks, icons, and logos shown or mentioned in this web site are the property of their respective owners. People seem to "believe" there is going to be a very noticeable speed gain...but this is simply not the case 99% of the time for average home use.

Speed is not theoretical and cannot be treated in isolation.Here is an article where the author did some benchmarking:http://www.osnews.com/story/5768He found that the 32-bit binaries were faster in his tests. Since I don't know what it is I don't have any way of finding out how many DIMM slots there are. Also, there is no such thing as too much RAM. Seems like original issue is gone..

If 3D acceleration is not found, Ubuntu uses the CPU instead of the GPU to let appear some image on your screen. Doing some research, I did find that 2GB is what it came with new. First of all, this computer was amazing at 32-bit. Performance & Maintenance Extkernal hard drive slow access speeds getting slower and slowerI have a problem with my Hitachi 3tb duo pro drive external hard drive.

Honestly with so little ram you need to be running the 32bit version.The bloatware alone is probably using up 80%of the resources.After all of that is removed (including any AV software more hot questions question feed about us tour help blog chat data legal privacy policy work here advertising info mobile contact us feedback Technology Life / Arts Culture / Recreation Science I will take any suggestions that are logical and I encourage everyone to say something. http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/64_bit_booting.html#Q1 http://arstechnica.com/cpu/03q1/x86-64/x86-64-1.html Applications The first step was to select some applications to run these tests against.

Not only that, I tested it in-game and it runs really slow. Do a System Restore. I dont mind formatting again, I have everything backed up already so its no major issue at all and id rather go through the hour of not using my laptop in You're welcome.