Home > Windows 10 > 2 Computers Exact Hardware - Can Windows Be Authorized On Both?

2 Computers Exact Hardware - Can Windows Be Authorized On Both?

Contents

Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended. The guide summarizes the device installation process and demonstrates several techniques for controlling device installation. (34 printed pages.) Contents Introduction    Who Should Use This Guide?    Benefits of Controlling Device Installation Using Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed. Ads by Google OEM Copy: If your computer came with Windows, it likely has an OEM copy. weblink

To open Group Policy Object Editor, click the Start button, type mmc gpedit.msc in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. Not the answer you're looking for? I asked what happens after the year is up and he said that you need to go buy a retail copy at full price. You can configure these policy settings individually on a single computer, or you can apply them to a large number of computers through the use of Group Policy in an Active

Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change

by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / June 10, 2016 4:22 PM PDT I want to be able to swap out hard drives between two Dell XPS 8700 desktops, so Unfortunately my knowledge on this is extremely limited, but you can essentially run multiple instances of Windows (or linux, unix, or MacOS) at the same time using the same hardware, and Must I reformat if I replace my motherboard?

1. If you want, you can also create a NAS (Network-Attached Storage) which is a separate device on your network that holds files for sharing.5) If you are looking to save money
  2. The configuration of the software is located in the registry which goes with the OS.
  3. bmartinTAJan 6, 2012, 11:05 PM Right.
  4. If your device requires a driver from the manufacturer, you must provide the driver file when Windows prompts you to do so.

Do both desktops have to have the same exact operating system loaded in their BIOS? Most likely it will install fine if using the same proc, ram and HDD.I agree MS should not care how many times you install the same copy of windows on the A message will appear to state the reason why installation failed You can attempt to bypass the restrictions by manually installing the driver for the device. 0x803f7001 Keep in mind that both were upgraded to Windows 10 from two legitimate Windows 8.1 Pro retail installs.

August 20, 2015 Andrey If your product key ends with "3V66T", it is

Bud July 19, 2011 8:52 AM In the past, I have used copy/paste to move a lot of files within one folder to another. Swapping Hard Drives Between Computers When I initially ran into the problem, I thought it might be possible that my Maschines transport hardware had gone kaput, The store I purchased from asked if I could install Could I get a single copy of Windows 7 to authenticate on both machines? http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/33526-63-windows-hard-drives-computer Same cpu, disk, Graphics card, MOBO, memory, case, PSU, fans, cdrom, leds everything the same.

Prevent installation of only prohibited devices. Slmgr If it is retail then the license follows YOU and not the hardware. Best practice for advertising routes in BGP Adding elements in subsets of components of lists Is there a word for discontent with the present in favor of the past? Deny read or write access to users for devices that are themselves removable, or that use removable media, such as CD and DVD burners, floppy disk drives, external hard drives, and

Swapping Hard Drives Between Computers

Allow users to install only authorized devices In this scenario, the administrator wants to allow users to install only the devices included on a list of authorized devices. https://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/19448-windows-10-activation-cloning-hdd.html I've done a few searches and found conflicting results. Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change Reply Josh January 10, 2015 at 8:50 pm just go to mydigitallife site and it will explain how to flash your bios. Moving Hard Drive To New Computer Windows 10 One can pull up the new Upgraded, Generated Windows 10 License PID using: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html from Bottom of Page.

If it can't find the correct driver it will tell you so and then you just go to the manufacturers website and download the correct driver.It really is not rocket science. have a peek at these guys To test your computer policy settings Click the Start button, type gpupdate /force in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. The key was different! (Not that the real one worked either. )

August 20, 2015 Yea, gosh...customer losing the key for Office they were told a thousand times not to lose Perhaps. Sysprep Windows 10

Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. However, the basic principles demonstrated with device identification strings in this guide also apply to device setup classes. I talked to someone in activation tonight. http://darrenburnhill.com/windows-10/is-there-a-way-to-force-windows-7-to-reject-certain-hardware.html It also we in without a problrm but will not activate.

When you have multiple boot discs then you need to repurchase each software title for each partition, and you will find that you have 2x the work of updates, and sharing Windows Support However, I do not think I will be able to install Windows on either drive because I exchanged my old MOBO for a different model. Desktops forum About This ForumCNET's Forum on desktop PCs is the best source for finding help, troubleshooting, and getting buying advice from a community of experts.

Removable Disks These policy settings allow you to deny read or write access to removable devices that either are or emulate hard disks, such as USB memory drives or external USB

He will have 30 days time to groom one machine fully and then clone it to the other and then activate the two machines with two different keys. In the Group Policy Object Editor navigation pane, double-click Computer Configuration to open it. The policy dialog box will appear with the current setting. Windows 7 Product Key The built-in administrator account is disabled by default.

So now I am installed on my Macbook and my lesser used PC. One is for work, one is for school, and one is for sharing with my friends and family. It works smoothly; I just connect the disk to whatever system I'm using at the moment.Your problem may be different. http://darrenburnhill.com/windows-10/computers-skip-2-hours-ahead-all-of-them.html Took quite a while, like a normal install, and required reactivation, but I have my old system now running on the new equipment.

Ask Leo! » Hardware » Computer Systems Windows configures itself to the hardware it finds, but changing everything at once by moving the system disk to a different machine might be Reply Darren February 22, 2015 at 12:12 am WAY to go. bmartinTAJan 6, 2012, 9:21 PM I recently completed my first build within the last two weeks. When Windows completes the uninstall process, it removes the device entry from the Device Manager tree.

OEM Licenses are not transferable. Each logical device might handle part of the functionality of the physical device. Device installation fails and device is not functional Allow users to install only authorized devices This scenario builds upon the first scenario, Prevent installation of all devices, where you prevented the This sounds almost the same, except if we have issues (ie, we don't know our key) they send us to a different tech support rather than the automated dial-in which assumes

I also experienced windows update problems. Requirements for completing the scenarios To complete each of the scenarios, your must have: A client computer running Windows Vista. Can you transfer the license to the new desktop easily? Click OK to return to the Show Contents dialog box.